Using the ANTSDR E200 on Windows with WSL Ubuntu 22.04

Dale Ranta

Jan 3, 2024, 3:32:06 PMJan 3
to SdrGlut Users
Here is a summary of the commands -

On Windows -
wsl --install Ubuntu-22.04
This sets you up in Ubuntu with a user name and password.

On Ubuntu -
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo apt install linux-tools-generic hwdata
sudo update-alternatives --install /usr/local/bin/usbip usbip /usr/lib/linux-tools/*-generic/usbip 20

sudo apt-get cmake
sudo apt-get git
sudo apt-get pkg-config
sudo apt-get geany

sudo apt-get install python3-pip
pip3 install ruamel.yaml
pip3 install numpy
pip3 install requests
pip3 install mako

sudo apt-get install libboost1.74-all-dev -y
sudo apt-get install libusb-1.0-0-dev -y

git clone --depth=1 https://github.com/MicroPhase/antsdr_uhd
cd antsdr_uhd
cd host
mkdir build
cd build
cmake -DENABLE_X400=OFF -DENABLE_N320=OFF -DENABLE_X300=OFF -DENABLE_USRP2=OFF -DENABLE_USRP1=OFF -DENABLE_N300=OFF -DENABLE_E320=OFF -DENABLE_E300=OFF ../
make -j 12
sudo make install
sudo ldconfig
uhd_find_devices --args "addr=192.168.1.10"

If the uhd_find_devices works, you are ready to go.
Installing SdrGlut  on Ubuntu -

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo apt-get install build-essential
sudo apt-get install libsoapysdr-dev -y
sudo apt-get install libopenal-dev -y
sudo apt-get install libliquid-dev -y
sudo apt-get install libalut-dev -y
sudo apt-get install portaudio19-dev -y
sudo apt-get install libsndfile1-dev -y
sudo apt-get install librtaudio-dev -y
sudo apt-get install libglew-dev -y
sudo apt-get install freeglut3-dev -y
sudo apt-get install git -y
sudo apt-get install cmake -y
cd ~/Desktop
git clone --depth=1 https://github.com/righthalfplane/SdrGlut.git
cd SdrGlut
make -f makefileUbunta -j 8
./sdrglut.x

Device string  is  addr=192.168.1.10
Click the "Radio" button
Click the E200 to run
Right Click and select "SDR Dialog..."
Set the "Sample Rate" to "10e6" and click the "Apply" button.
The E200 should be working Ok Now.

Nitin Jain

Jan 19, 2024, 3:52:38 AMJan 19
to SdrGlut Users
Has anybody used ANTSDR E200 with openairinterface5G codebase. For that codebase, Ettus B210 is sort of standard for 2x2 MIMO?
I am assuming that replacing B210 with ANTSDR E200 is smooth and flawless since both use exactly same UHD interface.
Please share your experiences regarding that.

Dale Ranta

Jan 19, 2024, 7:53:45 PMJan 19
to SdrGlut Users
The ANTSDR E200 needs to use MicroPhase version of the UHD library

antsdr_uhd says that it is based on v4.0.0.0 of the UHD library.

UHD is currently at v4.6.0.0.

What system you want to run openairinterface5G on and what version of the UHD routines does it want will make a difference.

nitinja...@gmail.com

Jan 22, 2024, 7:31:37 AMJan 22
to SdrGlut Users, Dale Ranta
Thanks Dale for your response.
Well, sorry for late response. For some weird reason, gmail put this mail in spam folder and I saw your reponse by chance.
Well, need to use openairinterface5G to build a SDR based 5G link. So that is the purpose.
As such, I don't think UHD 4.0.0.0 is so old and OAI5G does not specify most recent version. Referring to below link:

So hopefully, antSDR_E200 should work flawlessly with OAI5G.

Is it not?
Do you have any experience with OAI5G using along with antSDR_E200?

Please share if it is so.

Regards
Nitin

Dale Ranta

Jan 22, 2024, 11:40:05 AMJan 22
to SdrGlut Users
Sorry I do not known anything about OAI5G.

You should note that the current version of the ANTSDR e200 software is limited to 29 MSPS for both channels. I am not sure how much bandwidth you need.

Message has been deleted

Dale Ranta

May 29, 2024, 10:28:07 AMMay 29
to SdrGlut Users
Here is a summary of the commands -

On Windows -
wsl --install Ubuntu-22.04
This sets you up in Ubuntu with a user name and password.

On Ubuntu -
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo apt install linux-tools-generic hwdata
sudo update-alternatives --install /usr/local/bin/usbip usbip /usr/lib/linux-tools/*-generic/usbip 20

sudo apt-get install cmake
sudo apt-get install git
sudo apt-get install pkg-config
sudo apt-get install geany