Re: ACP Brevets with PCH Randonneurs in 2023!

已查看 7 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Stacy Kline

未读,
2023年3月5日 22:30:302023/3/5
收件人 sdrando、San Francisco Randonneurs、PCH Randos、randon subscribers、PBP_prep
Well, the weather has been incredibly crazy this year, but amazingly the 200K and 300K that Greg and I hosted, and several of the other PCH Randonneur brevets have had good weather!

Just a reminder to consider Willie Hunt's amazing Salton Sea 400k on March 25, 2023. It is one of our favorite brevets, especially for this distance. The desert is a wonderful place to ride, wide open, few stops, and very scenic.

This is a very fast route from the foothills of the Cleveland National Forest to the ocean, up the Santa Ana River, over the San Gorgonio Pass into Palm Springs, then finishing past the Salton Sea. The desert is exquisite in the middle of wildflower season and usually includes a screaming tailwind past the pass. It is a point-to-point route with a tour bus ride home through the desert near Borrego Springs. Our fearless RBA, Kerin, will be supporting Willie's gorgeous and challenging Borrego Springs 600k concurrently and both routes will share the same route until the turnoff to Borrego Springs from Salton City.

So many ride options on the way to PBP, now if we could just get the rain to calm down!

Good luck everyone!

Stacy

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." ~ Helen Keller

On Sun, Jan 8, 2023 at 8:20 PM Stacy Kline <stacy...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hey fellow randonneurs!

As you prepare your PBP-qualifying ACP brevet schedule, please take a look at the amazing selection of rides offered in SoCal with PCH Randonneurs! Greg and I love to use brevets as a reason to travel to another region and ride with new people!

Usually we offer a very mild climate in SoCal (be sure check the weather to confirm, lol)!

Here is the list of our upcoming PCH Randonneurs brevets:

Greg and I will be hosting two exceptionally mellow/fast rides, the Pier Review 200k on January 21, 2023, and the C'est Parti 300k on February 18, 2023. Both of these routes start at the Balboa Inn in Balboa (Newport Beach), California, making it a great get-away weekend.

Kerin Huber

未读,
2023年3月5日 22:32:552023/3/5
收件人 stacy...@gmail.com、sdrando、San Francisco Randonneurs、PCH Randos、randon subscribers、PBP_prep
The OC Salton Sea 400k is accepting registrations until noon on 3/19.  The 600k is full, so registration has been closed.

回复全部
回复作者
转发
0 个新帖子