Helping an Olympian rando to crush RAAM

wpsu...@gmail.com

Apr 1, 2023, 11:37:53 AM4/1/23
to sdrando
Sending out a call to arms for Dorina Vaccaroni who is endeavoring on her 3 RAAM campaign starting on Tuesday, June 13, from Oceanside, ending in Annapolis, MD. Plan to take 1.5 to 2 weeks for a solo RAAM racer.

She's looking for randonneurs because we are tenacious and tough and can endure anything that circumstances may impose on us to get to the finish. If you think racing RAAM is tough, crewing is equally challenging as you have to adapt to events and challenges supporting the team over 4 time zones, 10+ states and 3000+ miles. I have been fortunate enough to be involved in this amazing endeavor. If you have RAAM aspirations or just plain curious, crewing for an established team is an excellent opportunity to visit such amazing places like Pratt, KS or Weaubleau, Mo. If you know of other cyclists who are not randonneurs but are interested in something crazy like this, please send this email to them.

If interested and have questions, please respond to me. I will forward your email to Dorina or you can reach out to here if you her contact info.

Aside from being an accomplished endurance cyclist, Dorina is a bronze, silver and gold Olympic medalist in fencing, representing Italy.

Wei