Follow

John Currey

Mar 6, 2022, 12:12:06 PM3/6/22
to SDQL API
Hi,

I can see my "follow" settings are incorrect based on the query below. I don't have "giveaways" or "power play opportunities" in my database.

http://www.gimmethedog.com/NHL?q=date%2Cteam%2Cgiveaways%2Cpower%20play%20opportunities%40season%3D2021%20and%20month%3D10%20and%20giveaways%3E0

My confusion might be on my interpretation of "YOUR_SITE".

Mar6.PNG
I've tried:

Also, I'm not having any luck checking my settings. I'm using the following with my header set as stated in the documentation:

data: {"sdql": "follow"}

Joe Meyer

Mar 6, 2022, 3:45:22 PM3/6/22
to sdq...@googlegroups.com
John and SDQL API Friends,

Consider the Python snippet for following GimmeTheDog and AWang:

    url = "https://sportsdatabase.com/sapi"
    d = { 'follow':['GimmeTheDog','AWang']}
    h = {'token':GimmeTheDog_TOKEN,'client':'GimmeTheDog'}
    ret = requests.post(url,json=d, headers=h)
    print("post ret:",ret.status_code,ret.text,)
    ret = requests.get(url, headers=h)
    print("get ret:",ret.status_code,ret.text,)

Note that the GET request will confirm your settings.

Best regards,

Joe Meyer
Sports Database LLC

--

---

John Currey

Mar 9, 2022, 2:03:42 PM3/9/22
to SDQL API
Hi,

After setting "follow" appropriately, I started noticing a few strange behaviors. I'm unsure the behaviors are a result of the change to "follow", but I'm trying to investigate the possibility. I attempted to turn off the "follow", with 'follow':['*'], but after doing so, no data was returned from the API. What is the correct way to change the settings back to the default "follow"?

Thanks.

Joe Meyer

Mar 9, 2022, 5:21:04 PM3/9/22
to sdq...@googlegroups.com
John and SDQL API Friends,

To return to the default of following everyone, use the settings API to set follow to the empty list.
 'follow':[]

I will put it on my programmer's list to also allow your good guess of:
'follow':['*']

Best regards,

Joe Meyer
Sports Database LLC