Question on how data is imported

Joseph Aberasturi

Jan 19, 2023, 1:15:39 PM1/19/23
to SDQL API
Hello, I am fairly new to SDQL and was wondering how the data gets imported into the database. It seems like the 'line' value for all NBA games from 1/13-1/15 were set to 12.5 for some reason: https://s3.sportsdatabase.com/NBA/query.html?sdql=date%2C+team%2C+o%3Ateam%2C+line%2C+o%3Aline+%40date+in+%5B20230113%2C+20230114%2C+20230115%5D&submit=++S+D+Q+L+%21++

If anyone has any information that would be much appreciated. Thank you!

John Currey

Jan 25, 2023, 4:15:41 PM1/25/23
to SDQL API
Hi Joseph,

Thanks for pointing that out. The s3.sportsdatabase.com accesses different datasets among which is the data from GimmeTheDog.Com. So, you're example shows you're using the s3.sportsdatabase.com developer front end to access gimmethedog data. There's nothing wrong with doing so, but there are definitely things in the data that GimmeTheDog is aware of and presents it appropriately, whereas s3.sportdatabase.com simply shows the raw data as is.

This particular group is for questions on the usage of the API. If you have data-related questions on how the data gets updated, or why you saw all the 12.5 lines, I'd be happy to answer them on our Discord server (https://discord.gg/esB5CkW2) which is the correct place for those discussions.

Joseph Aberasturi

Jan 26, 2023, 9:29:04 AM1/26/23
to SDQL API
Hello, thank you for taking the time to respond. It looks like the data has been fixed.

In this question, I was using the url for the sportsDatabase as an example, but I was actually using the SDQL3 Data API using my username and token and seeing those errors. I just joined the discord server as well. Thanks for the help