NFL and MLB Databases are not updating

John Currey

Jul 31, 2022, 6:44:51 PM7/31/22
to SDQL API
Hi Joe,

I'll certainly respect to wish to report errors on Twitter. However, Twitter's character limit will really hamper my ability to provide anything but a cryptic explanation of what I'm experiencing.

I'm unable to successfully update data into the database. This continues to happen sporadically. In the past, I've tried - it failed. I examine my data, it appears correct - I try again and again. After many iterations of the same process, sometimes a day or two later, it eventually works using the same process.

I've been trying to update NFL 2012 attendance data all afternoon without success. I've added a new Lines table for one 2012 NFL game a while ago. It still is not available. I'm waiting to see how it works before adding more data.

For MLB, here's a sample of what I'm experiencing. Yesterday, I added missing games for 7/30 and updated series games for 7/30 and 7/31. The 7/30 are in the database. The 7/31 games did not reflect the change. I tried several times today with no success. Here's my last try at 5:08 p.m. ET. Ju31.PNG
As you can see, 90+ minutes later, the date time was updated to '17:06' but the "series game' and "series games" data remain unchanged. Ju31a.PNG

John Currey

Aug 1, 2022, 8:22:55 AM8/1/22
to SDQL API
Here's an update. This morning, all MLB daily data seems to have loaded. However, I can't update the series game or series games for 7/31.

I've tried several updates for the NFL. None of the data is shown in the database.

Thanks.

Joe Meyer

Aug 1, 2022, 3:08:29 PM8/1/22
to sdq...@googlegroups.com
John,

this is the correct place to report any issue with the API.
Please continue to use Twitter for SDQL usage questions and bug reports.

Regarding your MLB issue with updating 'series game'.
It seems that you uploaded 'series game' as well as 't:series game' and 'o:series game'.
You are updating the parameters with the prefixes and not the naked 'series game'.
This would give spurious results.

The cleanest fix is to use 'replace' and upload the entire game fresh.
You could also just update 'series game' to match 't:series game' and 'o:series game'.

The NFL database looks to be updating normally.
Please send a more specific message if you are continuing to have issues.
The server is starting to get more crowded and that might make things somewhat slower.

Best regards,

Joe Meyer
Sports Database LLC

--

---

John Currey

Aug 1, 2022, 4:07:28 PM8/1/22
to SDQL API
OK, that makes sense. I was under the impression the naked parameter or (t: and o:) could be used interchangeably. I now see the difference. Thanks.

My new NFL lines table did show up a little while ago. There's a data issue in the table that's my fault. I know what to do to fix it.

Thanks for your help.

PS I used Twitter to point out p:L in MLB is failing. I'm not sure what I did to break it.