Wish list II

John Currey

May 22, 2022, 2:08:08 PM5/22/22
to SDQL API
Hi,

Since my last wish was granted and is super-helpful, I'll wish again.

Presently, the POST request to update the database presently updates existing games if the game exists, or adds new games if the game is not in the database. In my haste, I usually go too fast for my own good and make more mistakes than I should. It would be very helpful if the following existed:

  • Specify an "insert" action that would only be successful if the game did not exist, i.e. add a new game to the database.
  • Specify an "update" action that would only be successful if the game did exist, i.e. update an existing game and fail if the game did not exist.
  • Specify an "upsert" (combination of update/insert) action that would follow the current behavior of updating or inserting a game into the database.
Thanks.