Press release:Southend Cliffs Pavilion and The Palace Theatre Westcliff

TheUnderDogs

Nov 16, 2004, 10:37:42 AM11/16/04
Press release

Southend Cliffs Pavilion and The Palace Theatre Westcliff

We the casual crew of Southend Theatres FOH, Backstage, Cleaners, & Box
Office.

Wish it to be known to all visiting companies that we are in dispute with
the theatre management.

We ask all visiting companies to ask for a guarantee from the theatre
management that their show will not be mixed up in any dispute.

All we are asking from the theatre management is, for them to enter into
talks with the union that represents us BECTU. At this time the management
is refusing to enter into reasonable dialogue.

The theatre management feel it is reasonable practise to pay its casual
employees national minimal pay rate, which don't compare favourably with
other local council workers, or BECTU/TMA pay rates.

We as un-contracted casual employees regret to say, if management continues
with this line, we will have to consider other ways of putting pressure on
the management. Industrial action had not been considered at this stage and
everything would be done to avoid it.

Yours Hopefully

THEUNDERDOGS

Joker7