Remember arc and arj?

Yez

Jun 13, 2007, 8:14:55 AM6/13/07
It's been so long since I've seen an arc or arj file I don't think I
have a tool for opening them anymore. I was going over old archives
last night and saw quite a few old things I'd like to open, what do I
need to get? Free is best, cheap is ok :)

'rena in El Cajon

NoSuch...@bigfoot.com

Jun 13, 2007, 12:38:20 PM6/13/07

Try googling for "arc arj"

Yez

Jun 13, 2007, 3:26:46 PM6/13/07
On Jun 13, 9:38 am, "rlsuse...@NOSPAMPUHLEEZschnapp.org"
<NoSuchPer...@bigfoot.com> wrote:

> Try googling for "arc arj"

Of course I already did that... there were 520,000 hits, way more crud
than I wanted to wade thru. I was hoping someone would just say yeah,
there is this little free proggie at this address. Thanks anyway.

'rena

Menolly

Jun 13, 2007, 3:29:15 PM6/13/07

Hard to do that when you haven't said what platform you're on.

--
men...@mib.org http://www.livejournal.com/~nolly/

On that day, many will say to me, "Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in
your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works
in your name?" And then will I declare to them, "I never knew you;
depart from me you evildoers." -- Matt 7:20-23, RSV

Message has been deleted

Yez

Jun 13, 2007, 5:04:17 PM6/13/07
On Jun 13, 12:59 pm, Bart Bailey <m...@privacy.net> wrote:

> http://www.izarc.org/

Thanks Bart, yer my hero (smoochies)

'rena

Message has been deleted

Yez

Jun 21, 2007, 8:08:31 PM6/21/07
On Jun 21, 11:32 am, The Kat <n...@katxyzkave.net> wrote:

> Somewhere, on a CD or HD, I have all the old archivers,
> but I believe that WinRAR will handle almost any archiver format.
>
> Yep, WinRAR does ARJ, LZH, ACE, and more. Not sure about ARC.

Thanks hon... you are a lot more organized than I am... after
carefully backing up stuff and saving things off to zip drives and cds
all these years I may have as well saved the time and money... I can't
find anything in all the drawers and boxes full of weakly labeled
stuff.

'rena

Message has been deleted