Progress of SDMX-HD version 1.0

Ryan

Mar 30, 2010, 10:38:25 AM3/30/10
to sdm...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

What is the status of SDMX-HD version 1.0 document at the moment? I will soon (in the next week or 2) have some free cycles to work on my OpenMRS SDMX-HD module and my SDXM-HD Java Library. During this time I would love to be able to modify my code to comply with the latest standard document. If a official version 1.0 is going to be release soon then I could release a version 1.0 of my module and library to the community once they comply with that standard.

I just want to hear a status report because I haven't heard much on the lists lately.

Regards,
Ryan

--
Ryan Crichton
Software Developer

Gary Patchen

Apr 1, 2010, 12:17:11 PM4/1/10
to sdm...@googlegroups.com

Hi Ryan,

Sorry for the delay in answer this email.

Work is progressing well on SDMX-HD, and we are working hard to get a first normative document to everyone ASAP.

Bob has create some schematron validation rules, and whilst not up to date you can use these to start to validate any SDMX-HD messages you create.

Note they may well change as we are still working on them so I will let you decide if you prefer to wait or not.

You can download the .sch file from here:

http://svn.sdmx-hd.org/sdmxhd/schematron-sdmx-hd/

regards

gary patchen

lead consultant

direct + 41.(0)58.307.7094

mobile +41.(0)79.333.1339

gary.p...@b-i.com
www.b-i.com

blue-infinity headquarters
+41(0)58.307.7000
+41(0)58.307.7001
INTERNATIONAL
t +800.307.70.000
f +800.307.70.001

b-i  branding.technology.integration.

The information in this e-mail, and those ensuing, is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy this message and notify us immediately.

Please think of the environment before printing this email

Ryan

Apr 6, 2010, 6:42:38 AM4/6/10
to sdm...@googlegroups.com
I'm glad to hear work is progressing well. Do you have any idea of a timeline for the normative document. This doesn't have to be accurate just your best guess. I'm trying to plan my project time lines so that I can make the best use of my time and knowing how far along the normative document is would help greatly.

Thanks,
Ryan

Bob Jolliffe

Apr 6, 2010, 6:55:45 AM4/6/10
to sdm...@googlegroups.com
We are planning to release draft for public comment by the end of this
week. As you know I had hoped to do this two weeks ago but there were
some problems with the metadata specification and I was away for the
past two weeks. Should be done with the metadata stuff later today.
I will draft some additional text on packaging and data format
tomorrow then its a matter of tidying all the bits up into something
presentable.

I think we (at least you and I) will have to discuss some more about
working around the problem of exponentially exploding hierarchies in
DSDs before finalizing our code. Now that I have come to understand
the SDMX metadata model much better I suspect that the better way of
actually achieving what is currently implemented in the hierarchical
codelists is doing it with metadata. We can have that conversation
once we've got this v1.0 document out the door.

Regards
Bob

Ryan

Apr 6, 2010, 7:01:46 AM4/6/10
to sdm...@googlegroups.com
Ok, great. I hope to try finish up the project I'm currently working on in the next week or 2 so this works out perfectly.

Ryan