Running error

Flavio Gontijo

Oct 29, 2020, 9:40:33 AM10/29/20
to SDMtoolbox
I had this error while running least-cost corridor and paths.

Anyone cal help?

Executing: LeatCostAll core_analyst_100 ID_seq matriz01.tif v00 C:\SDM "TIFF (.tif)" "Percentage of LCP value (recommended)" 5 2 1 1 2 5 true
Start Time: Thu Oct 29 10:24:30 2020
Running script LeatCostAll...

Step 1 (of 11): Setting up spatial environment

Failed script LeatCostAll...

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "E:\OneDrive\Programas\SDMtoolbox_2_10_4to6\SDM_Toolbox_v2.4_ArcMap10.5.tbx#LeatCostAll.py", line 99, in <module>
  File "c:\program files (x86)\arcgis\desktop10.6\arcpy\arcpy\management.py", line 2315, in AddXY
    raise e
ExecuteError: Failed to execute. Parameters are not valid.
ERROR 000366: Invalid geometry type
Failed to execute (AddXY).

Failed to execute (LeatCostAll).
Failed at Thu Oct 29 10:24:43 2020 (Elapsed Time: 12.68 seconds)

Bat Dude

Nov 27, 2020, 12:35:38 PM11/27/20
to SDMtoolbox

Hi all,

I am working on or should say struggling to create new data layers for environmental variable to run MaxEnt.

I am using both ArcPro and ArcMap 10.8.
Neither seem to be able to create the necessary grid files needed.
None of the "tool Box" tools seem to work for this.

I have polygons that are distances from key ecologically important features. These include caves, water bodies and rivers.
All distance SHP files were created by buffering the features in 200 m increments from 0 to 10 km.

When trying to convert to any raster format TIF or GRD the conversions either fail or display only a single 10 km distance.
I have not tried converting from SHP polys to ASCII directly, not even sure that works.

All climate and altitude data as well as the to "habitat" layers which are categorical data have worked fine.
However the distances are key predictor variables I need to include.

Species data is all parsed and fine.
I will then need to convert the resulting prediction maps from MaxEnt to SHP files to create maps for my new book

Any suggestions welcome.

--
Bruce W. Miller, PhD.
Neotropical bat risk and acoustic assessments

If we lose the bats, we may lose much of the tropical vegetation and the lungs of the planet

Using acoustic sampling to identify and map species distributions
and pioneering acoustic tools for ecology and conservation of bats for >25 years.

Key projects include providing free interactive identification keys and call fact sheets for the vocal signatures of New World Bats