Predict species locations without actual locations

Mark Brown

Nov 8, 2021, 4:34:04 AM11/8/21
to SDMtoolbox
Hello. Can this tool be used to predict species range without actual field locations?

What I'm trying to do is create a layer that will estimate where species will occur given various environmental information such as habitat type, elevation etc.

I have used maxent before to predict species range from know locations but never without any actual locations.

So for example a certain species occurs in a certain habitat above an elevation of 200 m but below 800m.