Conversion of geographic climate data to UTM fails

Bat Dude

Dec 5, 2020, 1:43:16 PM12/5/20
to SDMtoolbox

Hi all,

I have climate data that is in geographic spatial format and need to convert to UTM zone 16.  The SDM tools for projecting a folder are not working.  I tried several iterations each with a new fresh ArcMap project and used new/blank folders.

When I tried to project the folder (all 19 of the climate TIFF variables) only a single one is added to the new output folder and while it indicated that it is set for the correct UTM zone it will not display with the country outline.  The DF has the correct projected values as does the country boundary, however, the climate data does not display.

If I "Zoom to the climate layer" it does display but not in context with the country and by definition all of my species occurrence point data that are also in the UTM projection.

Using UTM16 avoids the messiness of created bias files etc that would be necessary if species point data were in geographic format.

Any help/suggestions welcome.

Bruce.