Spatially Rarefy Occurance Data

Chelsea Smith

Jun 27, 2020, 9:16:36 AM6/27/20
to SDMtoolbox
Hi all,

I successful ran the tool for 1km spatially rarefy but I was wondering if anyone could explain to me more the details of whats going on with this tool. I'm working on my first research project hoping to get published and I want to make sure everything I'm doing is fully justified and I know exactly whats going on. From my understanding this tool first remove duplicates and then removes points in a surrounding area, in my case 1km, to remove spatial autocorrelation- is this right? How does the tool go about doing this, what processes are involved?

Many thanks in advance!

Chelsea