".bat" file is not created

Tainã Loureiro

Jun 8, 2015, 12:21:07 PM6/8/15
to sdmto...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
I did all the tips recommended by the first two posts but I am still having the same problem: the ".bat" file is not created thus I cannot continue my analysis.
I intend to model the present and future distribution of one species and I had this problems when performing bot analyses (with and without projection). Just for testing I used all the configuration as recommended by "Chapter 5. Running a SDM in MaxEnt: from Start to Finish" and it still does not work. The analysis run normally but the  ".bat" file to continue is not created.

The other problem I have is that despite no ".bat" file, the resultant maps are created but not in .asc, just in .png, what is not worthy for me since I still need to use the resultant maps on ArcGIS for further analysis. What should I do to have an output map in .asc?

Amanda Ferris

May 6, 2019, 10:45:22 AM5/6/19
to SDMtoolbox
Did you ever resolve this? I am running "Run MaxEnt: Spatial Jackknife" and it seems to run fine, but the output folder has no .bat file...it has 3 temp files and all the All_Occ files (.cpg, .dbf, etc) but nothing else.

I have updated Java, am running Arc 10.6, and both my own data and the sample data work fine through the Maxent Gui, but running Maxent through this SDM seems to work fine, but gives the 'script executed' message after only 10 seconds and the output folder does not contain a .bat file.

Since I can use the Maxent GUI, this isn't the end of the world, but all the other SDM scripts work great so I'd love to try this tool so it would automate the model selection.

Thanks for any insight!

Amanda

Jason L. Brown (creator of SDMtoolbox)

Jun 1, 2019, 10:01:26 AM6/1/19
to SDMtoolbox
Please verify that you have followed the info on "http://sdmtoolbox.org/contacts", for example 'spaces' in folders and directories.

Amna R

Jul 8, 2020, 3:32:57 AM7/8/20
to SDMtoolbox
I have the same problem, but I can not run the .bat file  and I got the message the version does not work with my PC and I need to check with the software publisher.
Can you Please help.
Amna