Creating Athlete File for import by Team Manager 7.0

Miklos Gaal

Jun 22, 2013, 5:31:44 PM6/22/13
to sdif-...@googlegroups.com
Currently we use the Active Network's online registration process for our swim team.  However, we want to integrate our swim and dive team registrations with our pool membership system.

Is there a way we can create an export from our membership system that can be imported by TM 7.0.
- I'm aware that Hy-Tek discourages this
- I'm aware that creating the HY3 or HVY format files is complicated.

Still, has anyone cracked how to do this?

I'm able to create a RE1 format file, but can't work out if TM will accept it (or how).

IF anyone wants to know more, we are using Membersplash a WordPress based system for out pool membership management.  I'deally we'd like to run a "report" or "export" that will format the data correctly.

Thanks

Miklos

Mohican Swim Team
Mohican Swimming Pool Association

Mike Walsh

Jun 22, 2013, 5:37:54 PM6/22/13
to sdif-...@googlegroups.com
If you are already using WordPress I would suggest looking at wp-SwimTeam (http://www.wp-SwimTeam.org).  It is. WordPress plugin for SwimTeam I wrote over the past 5 years.

To the best of my knowledge only MeetManager reads the RE1 file format.  My WordPress plugin will export entry files for MeetManager and the roster in RE1 format.  I believe TeamManager will also import the entries file but haven't played with that in a while.

If you don't want to go down the plugin route there is probably quite a bit code you could leverage to roll your own solution.

Mike

Sent from my iPhone

Miklos Gaal

Jun 22, 2013, 5:55:08 PM6/22/13
to sdif-...@googlegroups.com
Mike,

Any chance your plugin would generate a Hy-Tek file format?  It looks like some have solved the check sum calc?

Miklos

Mike Walsh

Jun 22, 2013, 6:56:07 PM6/22/13
to sdif-...@googlegroups.com
Yes, my plugin can generate a Meet Manager entry file in HY3 format.  It does calculate the checksum which is required for MM to load it.

The HY3 checksum was figured out a couple years ago by a guy by the name of Joe Hance and posted several places, this group being one of them.

Mike

Sent from my iPhone

Miklos Gaal

Jun 23, 2013, 11:01:11 AM6/23/13
to sdif-...@googlegroups.com
SO the only question still outstanding is what is the difference in format between a Athlete Roster and a Meet Entry.

I'll look into that.  Thanks for all your help.

Mike Walsh

Jun 23, 2013, 11:37:38 AM6/23/13
to sdif-...@googlegroups.com
Actually there is quite a difference.  It turns out I already implemented exporting a roster for Team Manager in HY3 format.  It is already part of the plugin.  It can export a roster in SD3, HY3, or RE1 format.

Mike

Sent from my iPad