HY3 results files

robn...@googlemail.com

Mar 4, 2019, 11:27:38 AM3/4/19
to SDIF Forum
We are trying to import HY3 results files into our club software but it does not seem to be happy with times that have SS after them.   We had been told that S meant short course and SS meant shortcourse and a scratched time.   But that seems to be wrong.

Eg

E1F 5063EdwarFG    50A 12 12  0B  5.00 19B   33.42S   33.42S    0.00    0.00   NN               N                               99
E2P   33.46SS

Any advice appreciated.

If you could explain the full formatting of an HY3 file that would be much appreciated so I can check other formatting correct as well.

Thanks

Bob

Mike Walsh

Mar 4, 2019, 11:36:57 AM3/4/19
to sdif-...@googlegroups.com
If you go back to the very beginning of the Google Group archive (use the web interface) look for emails from Troy Delano (sp?).  He posted PDF files which break down each of the HY3 record formats.  It will likely tell you what you need to know.  There isn't a tremendous amount of traffic in this group so I don't think it should be too hard to find.

Mike

Mike Walsh - mi...@walshcrew.com

Robert Nock

Mar 4, 2019, 12:24:52 PM3/4/19
to sdif-...@googlegroups.com

Thanks a lot for the quick answer and hint.  I presume you mean https://docs.google.com/document/edit?id=1WRti1LHLxlLIVyK5wkRDv9kox5Dg92XRQO5W1S0PVYE&hl=en# (but it is not a pdf) which does look fantastic but seems to only confirm what we were told before:

As this is quite an old thread do you think there is much chance this has changed or that this 2nd S might mean something else.

Our events’ results file came back with 18 or so of the times having this extra S but the organiser said that none of the times/events were scratched or marked as scratched and so we don’t know why that extra S is there.

Thanks,

Rob

image001.jpg

Mike Walsh

Mar 4, 2019, 12:34:38 PM3/4/19
to sdif-...@googlegroups.com
No, that isn't the documents I am thinking about.  I found a zip file in my Dropbox folder for Swim Team:

Take a look at those files, they are the best source of data I know of.  I've been out of the swim team business for about 5 years now, all of my kids have aged out and moved on.  I have no idea what Hy-tek has done to their data formats or if they've changed.  Historically they were a PITA to work with as a company, whether or not that is still the case I don't know.

Mike

Robert Nock

Mar 4, 2019, 12:56:57 PM3/4/19
to sdif-...@googlegroups.com

Thanks again.   From both those docs it seems as if the S does mean scratched but not the Scratched as we understand it (ie not competing in the event as a competitor or similar) but rather just did not make it through to the final so must have been prelims and not HDW.   Would make sense and will check.

Much appreciated.

Thanks,

Robert Nock

01600 580807

r...@nock.org.uk

image001.jpg

Liz D

Mar 7, 2021, 8:27:10 PM3/7/21
to SDIF Forum
Hi Mike

I'm resurrecting a project I started several years ago, trying to create SDIF and/or HY3 files to load event entries in to Meet Manager (I joined this forum at that time - around Feb 2012).

It looks like things haven't moved on much since then and people are asking the same questions.  I'd like to download the zip folder you refer to in your post, but when I click the link it says that the file has been deleted.

I don't want to reinvent the wheel or ask people to repeat information they have already provided, so I'd like to review the documentation already collated.  Any chance you could make that available again?

Thanks and regards

Liz D

Eddie Rowe

Mar 8, 2021, 4:13:14 PM3/8/21
to SDIF Forum
Hi Liz,
   What platform are you trying to use?  I have perl code to create HY3 entry files that are readable by MM.  Wouldn't take much to modify it to Python, e.g., but how are getting your starting data?

Best,
Eddie

Mike Walsh

Mar 8, 2021, 5:30:24 PM3/8/21
to sdif-...@googlegroups.com
I cannot seem to locate the Zip file on my laptop.  I am worried that in my effort to clean up my Dropbox so I could use it again (Dropbox locked me out because one of my sisters filled up my Dropbox with family pictures) I may have deleted it.  I will look on another PC I have at home - I have a Virtual Machine I used to use for Swim Team stuff that may have it on it.

Mike

Troy DeLano

Mar 8, 2021, 5:59:48 PM3/8/21
to sdif-...@googlegroups.com
Been a while...  Yes the first S is for course (Y=Yards, S=Short Course meters, L= Long course meters).  The seconds S is for ...  based on testing with Meet Manager the scratch was what caused it.
A lot of this was based on testing and I think there were some inconsistencies with some of the older versions so it could have a double meaning.  Sorry I don't have better answers.  I zip'd some of the PDFs I had.  The hytek formats are a bit dated but are still used up to at least TM7.  As Mike eluded to.  I will have to dig around my notes to see if I have more

-Troy

hytek.zip

Peter Thompson

Mar 11, 2021, 10:51:33 AM3/11/21
to sdif-...@googlegroups.com
Good evening

 I need help in importing an Excel File of swimmers/members into Hytek team manager. We have all our swimmer registration data coming in from a Google form from/Excel and do not want to manually capture tgeir details into Team Manager. Hytek are refusing to share any information or API.

Regards
Peter

Mike Walsh

Mar 11, 2021, 11:27:12 AM3/11/21
to sdif-...@googlegroups.com
Peter -

This topic has been discussed many times in the past.  Have you looked through the forum archive?

Essentially you will need to format your data into a format which Hy-tek will import.  That means it needs to be in a Hy-tek format with the checksum.  The process of creating those files with the checksum can be found in the archives.  Hy-tek has zero interest in supporting what you're doing.

Mike

--
Mike Walsh - mpwa...@gmail.com

Peter Thompson

Mar 11, 2021, 11:30:40 AM3/11/21
to sdif-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mike

I have checked previous discussions in the forum.   ALl previous developments centred around importing files into Meet Manager. Nobody seems to have developed anything to import into Team Manager.

Mike Walsh

Mar 11, 2021, 2:54:25 PM3/11/21
to sdif-...@googlegroups.com
It has been a long time since I looked at this but I have some recollection of using a RE1 file to import the swimmers into Hytek.  Have you looked into this format?  It doesn't require a checksum as I recall so is easy to generate.  I just looked through the Wordpress plugin I wrote and I have roster exports in RE1 and HY3 format (another roster format).  I don't recall which one worked better but there must have been a reason I did both of them.

Mike

Liz D

Sep 25, 2021, 10:09:48 PM9/25/21
to SDIF Forum
Hi Eddie

I haven't visited this group for a while so I missed your post.

I have been successful in developing a Python utility to create a SDFI file from a CSV file.  I will post the code on a new thread if it will be helpful to other people.

I am getting my starting data as a CSV file downloaded from an event registration platform - this can vary depending on the event organiser.  I can manipulate this with Python or SQL to create a CSV file in a defined format, from which my Python utility can create the SDIF file.

I've used this successfully for a couple of meets this year.  This enables us to use any online event registration platform which has the ability to download data, which they all seem to do.

Regards

Liz

Peter Thompson

Sep 26, 2021, 4:55:51 AM9/26/21
to sdif-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Liz

Have you managed to import a CSV file into Hyteks Team Manager. Our swimmers use a Google firm fir online registration and we need to import their details into TEAM MANAGER.

Thanks

Peter

Liz D

Sep 26, 2021, 5:41:17 PM9/26/21
to SDIF Forum
Hi Peter

No, I haven't tried that.  We don't use Team Manager so I don't have any experience with it.

I would presume it is like Meet Manager and you will need to create a SDIF or HY3 file from your CSV file to load it.  I have posted some code on another thread which might be useful.

Regards

Liz