Identify a Time Trial Event in CL2 File

jean-pierre

Jul 21, 2014, 1:33:18 AM7/21/14
to sdif-...@googlegroups.com

Is there a way to identify if an event was a Time Trial Event from a CL2 File?

Mike Walsh

Jul 21, 2014, 7:52:26 AM7/21/14
to sdif-...@googlegroups.com

The CL2 files are very similar to SDIF records.  Check to see if the B1 record matches the SDIF B1 record.  If it does, the character is position 121 will tell you what type of meet it is.

MEET Code 005 Meet Type code

1 Invitational

2 Regional

3 LSC Championship

4 Zone

5 Zone Championship

6 National Championship

7 Juniors

8 Seniors

9 Dual

0 Time Trials

A International

B Open

C League

The Meet Type code appears in B1 and J0 records.

Mike

jean-pierre

Jul 21, 2014, 1:30:07 PM7/21/14
to sdif-...@googlegroups.com

Thanks Mike...

I've been using the SDIF layout format for sometime now for .CL2s and it's been spot on but this is the first time I ran into a meet/file with Time Trials.

I had checked the B1 record at position 121 but it's blank.

This meet allowed time trial events but it wasn't just for time trials since it had regular scheduled events going on as well.  According to the meet info document it said that it would allow time trial events if time permitted after the prelim events.  So I was expecting or hoping to find an indicator on the D0 record.   Could it be indicated somewhere after position 145 on the DO Record?  I know those positions (146-160) are used for future use but I'm not sure where I would find out more about that.

Jean-Pierre

Mike Walsh

Jul 21, 2014, 2:11:56 PM7/21/14
to sdif-...@googlegroups.com

I don’t know the answer to this question.  I did lots of work with SD3 and HY3 files, very little with CL2.  You may have to do some experiments with dummy meets to generate files and compare.  That is what did with the HY3 files.  It is tedious to say the least but I don’t know what else you can do in these situations.

jean-pierre

Jul 21, 2014, 3:45:09 PM7/21/14
to sdif-...@googlegroups.com

Unfortunately I don't have anything to generate the test files with.   I'll start with looking at various samples of the meets with and without trials  to try to make sense out of it.

Thanks again for taking a stab at it.