Looking for EV3 file checksum

Mason

Jul 29, 2020, 6:18:52 PM7/29/20
to SDIF Forum
Hello --

I'm working on generating EV3 format swim event files, which include a checksum(-ish?) value in the first header row.

Does anyone know how to generate these checksums? Do you know the relation of the EV3 checksum format to that of the older HYV format?

Thanks in advance,
Mason

Eddie Rowe

Aug 5, 2020, 9:06:27 AM8/5/20
to SDIF Forum

    # the checksum formula is below:
    # 1) Take the integer part of division by 21 of the sum of the characters (2*odd + even)
    # 2) Add 205
    # 3) The first digit of the checksum is the last digit of the previous result
    # 4) The second digit of the checksum is the penultimate digit of the same

Mason Hale

Aug 5, 2020, 10:05:49 AM8/5/20
to sdif-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Eddie --

Thanks, but I believe that is the HY3 checksum formula. The checksum for HY3 is always two numerical digits.

The checksum for the EV3 (and HYV) event definition file formats is always 4 numerical digits followed by a fifth alphanumeric digit.

Examples:
6145a
5163m
0149a
91410
22081

I've been working on this problem and feel that I'm getting closer to a solution.

I appreciate the response,
Mason

Mason Hale
CEO & Founder

Swim team software you'll love!

Eddie Rowe

Aug 6, 2020, 11:02:50 AM8/6/20
to SDIF Forum
So I've looked at both ev3 and hyv events files and neither of them have checksums.  What version are you working with?

Eric

Aug 6, 2020, 5:19:05 PM8/6/20
to SDIF Forum
The first line of the ev3 file has a checksum, in the last field.