Temp Sustainable Ag Job Posting in SD- Please Share with your networks

Kristin Kvernland

Dec 5, 2017, 11:45:56 AM12/5/17

Hello Everyone,

I will be out on maternity leave few months, and Second Chance is hiring a temporary Program Assistant to help keep the Youth Garden Program going while I am gone.  Please see attached job posting help spread the word to any and all reliable and enthusiastic candidates you can think of, we are hoping to hiring someone quickly as I will be gone starting January 1st, 2018.

Thanks,

KK

Kristin Kvernland, M.S.
Youth Garden Program Manager

619-234-8888 (Office)

619-839-0952 (Direct)

Second Chance Youth Garden Program Description

The Second Chance Youth Garden is an urban farm and job-training program in San Diego California. Our 6-week job training program combines job readiness with transitional employment and serves low-income, at-risk and formally incarcerated youth ages 14 -21. Youth interns gain hands on work experience on our urban farm sites and learn how to plant, cultivate, and harvest a wide variety of fruit and vegetables in a sustainable manner. They also learn work place skills such as timeliness, accountability, teamwork and appropriate behavior in the work place.  Upon completion of the program youth can return as peer supervisors, and/or work to create education and career plans with our youth counselor and business services team.

To learn more visit:

https://www.facebook.com/secondchanceyouthgarden/

https://www.secondchanceprogram.org/youth-garden

Program Assistant Job Posting FINAL.pdf