Hey SD Food Justice Champions looking for volunteers for Carbon Sink Farming Convergence

A.L. ANDERSON-LAZO

Oct 17, 2019, 5:26:58 PM10/17/19
to sdfoo...@googlegroups.com, Farm Solidarity, AL Anderson-Lazo
Greetings Amazing and Longtime San Diego Champions of Food System Equity, Resilience and Survival,
I want to invite you if you haven't seen this yet or seen a way to fit in. While I moved to Seattle to be close to where I grew up with my family (Gma is 92!), I continue to work with many of you building on what we began back in the days, since 2007 to approximate. Many of our friends have reached out about the Carbon Sink Convergence @ Solidarity/Pauma Tribal Farms. If you didn't see a way to participate, or to contribute, we still need volunteers to help with logistics, food prep, arrangement of tents and chairs, and to bring your ideas to the convergence.
You may have heard that we have only room for a few more participants at this point, but there will be many opportunities going forward. WE must continue connecting agriculture to climate change solutions, and de-coupling food, sustenance, traditional foodways, conservation and resilience from extractive economies.

Let me know if you wish to volunteer to help with making this event a success in November and going forward.

Check it out here: sinkcarbon.org
Communicate with me here:

Keep in touch! I miss you guys.
Annie Lorrie
A. L. Anderson-Lazo, Ph.D.
Participatory Research and Evaluation Consultant
San Diego and Washington DC

Kristin Kvernland

Oct 19, 2019, 7:55:24 PM10/19/19
to sdfoo...@googlegroups.com
Hey ALA,

I’d be happy to volunteer on Tuesday if needed I won’t be able to make it Monday night since my youth groups end at 5 but plan to be there all day Tuesday.

Looking forward to seeing you and hope all is well!

Kk
This email is from the "SD Food Shed" (1 in 10) Google group you are subscribed to.