Fwd: RC UPDATE - FARM BILL FLOOR VOTE - Bad stuff, but 3 INDUSTRIAL HEMP AMENDMENTS

A.L. ANDERSON-LAZO

May 14, 2018, 12:13:23 PM5/14/18
to sdfoo...@googlegroups.com, AL Anderson-Lazo
Greetings San Diego Food System Champions,

I write you all from Seattle, where we moved recently, but I know that some of you would still like to hear about the Farm Bill from Rural Coalition's vantage.

Yes, it's mostly bad, except for industrial hemp.

Below (and attached) you will find info on the Farm Bill Amendments with RC's quick and dirty analysis, and an organizational sign on letter focused on equity [https://goo.gl/forms/of38KOUKCePYl3sn2 ]

Also feel free to write me, especially if you have interest in hearing about anything in particular or related to the other titles not covered here. (For instance, I just received a really good analysis on forestry.)

All the best,

Annie Lorrie

Director, Research and Evaluation
Rural Coalition, Washington D.C. and Seattle, WA

#78 - On endangered species and acquatic species- needs review

Worth evaluating
The Faso Amendment #42  is being viewed favorably on conservation, we are interested in your views.

Three amendments are on industrial hemp.

# 45 Barr is a protection for banks lending to hemp businesess.

#54 Massie and Polis, is really the McConnell Bill from the Senate that sets up a whole new regulatory scheme but may have more viability.

#63 Comer, etal is a cleaner deregulation.

Submitted

STAY TUNED!

ACTION UPDATES
Remember that the Assist Socially Disadvantaged and Veteran Farmers and Ranchers Act of 2018 will be introduced Monday, May 14 in the Senate by Sen Chris
Van Hollen and Sen Tina Smith and in the House by Rep. Lujan-Grisham.

The Heirs Property Bill is moving along and Sen Doug Jones and Rep Marcia Fudge are hoping to jointly introduce it on May 21.

Encourage all your members to cosponsor both.

And if you have not signed on to our equity letter please go here now:

please use this Sign-on Link to add your organization:  https://goo.gl/forms/of38KOUKCePYl3sn2

 Letter is attached.

STAY TUNED ALL AND THANKS FOR ALL YOUR GOOD WORK!!

Lorette Picciano
Executive Director
Rural Coalition/Coalición Rural
1029 Vermont Ave NW Suite 601
Washington, DC 20005

H.R. 2—Agriculture and Nutrition Act of 2018 | House Committee on Rules.docx
Equity Sign On Letter to Senate Ag 5-18 copy.docx