Fwd: We Are Advancing Community Composting in San Diego

1 view

Sarah Boltwala-Mesina

Feb 9, 2018, 11:34:10 AM2/9/18
to zerowa...@yahoogroups.com, sdfoo...@googlegroups.com
Weblink to view directly in browser.

We Are Advancing Community Scale Composting In San Diego

City of San Diego paves the way for community scale composting.

City of San Diego created a carveout for the hauling and composting of vegetative scraps, thus allowing community scale composters to legally operate alongside large haulers and commercial composters.  Read more

Workshop on starting a Community Scale Composting Program for your neighborhood.

Are you a teacher interested in starting a compost program at your school? Or perhaps you are a resident interested in composting at your apartment complex? Perhaps you are a social entrepreneur interested in building soil from scraps for your local community. Read more

Individuals and families interested in composting their kitchen scraps can now participate in our Drop-Off program

Learn more and sign up

Support community scale composting by purchasing a Soil Share.

Learn more

Copyright © 2018 Food2Soil - A Project of Inika Small Earth Inc., All rights reserved.
You expressed an interest in community composting in San Diego.

Our mailing address is:
Food2Soil - A Project of Inika Small Earth Inc.
Add us to your address book

Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp

A.L. ANDERSON-LAZO

Feb 9, 2018, 11:50:44 AM2/9/18
to sdfoo...@googlegroups.com, zerowa...@yahoogroups.com
This is great news! Congratulations to everyone, who has worked on this issue for so long!

What is left of our 10-point platform? Are there areas of the county that are not following the City's lead? Is our food system more equitable?

Our vision was to make it possible for 1 in 10 people to be sustained by food produced within our region. Of course, that was our goal for 2010. It should be 2 in 10 by 2020, right?

Hooray for community-scale compost.

Cheers everyone, Annie Lorrie

A. L. Anderson-Lazo, Ph.D.
Participatory Research and Evaluation Consultant
San Diego and Washington DC

This email is from the "SD Food Shed" (1 in 10) Google group you are subscribed to.