What are required settings in BIOS to enable SDDM autologin feature

Zoltán Baráti

Mar 11, 2018, 5:03:00 AM3/11/18
to sddm-devel
Greetings!

Am asking it here because I'm sure some of you guys has the answer ;-)
I use SDDM 0.14.0-4 in debian 9 stretch

I would like to use my PC as an alarm clock :-) Wakes me up in every morning and I can start work just after waking up

To achieve this goal I need to  enable SDDM autologin. I did that  in KDE Plasma also I set up a lock session script running just after auutologin for security.

First it didn't work  but then I was guessing the right settings in BIOS and I succeeded.My bad I forgot to write it down :-P

So I am logging my tries and asking fir help.

Thank you in advance

Baráti Zoltán

Mar 12, 2018, 4:30:22 PM3/12/18
to sddm-devel
That's what I call user error
Let me answer my question

If you want to autologin with sddm it is wise to use sddm
please do check

me@linuxbox~$ sudo dpkg-reconfigure sddm

choose sddm

Thank you for your job folks