Re: Help With Mini-Phalaenopsis

Mary Mou

Jun 9, 2022, 7:05:30 PM6/9/22
to sdcos-orc...@googlegroups.com
Hello!

I am learning so much from the SD Orchid Society's monthly meetings - absolutely loving this group!

I'm wondering if I can get some feedback on what to do to help keep this mini-phal happy and healthy? A friend bought it for me from Trader Joe's about 4 months ago and I repotted immediately. I was initially soaking the bark once a week for 10 minutes, but then I saw mold on a root, which I cut off. I switched to pouring water over the roots once a week, but now they look really dried up. It previously lived inside on my bookshelf near a west-facing window, however, a few weeks ago I moved it to the coffee table for more air flow (near the same window). Any suggestions or feedback for helping it stay happy is most welcome!

Additionally, I'm not sure if this is a thing, but if you know of anyone who might be willing to give me orchid lessons or be my orchid coach, I think that would really help. I love orchids and just feel so sad when they start looking unhappy. I'm definitely a newbie and am willing to pay for the orchid coaching lessons so I can learn!

Thank you so much for any help!

Sincerely,
Mary Mou

On Thu, Jun 9, 2022, 3:50 PM Mary Mou <maryr...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]