Sending CAT Info from the active radio through RIG Emulator to PA

Peter Helfenstein

Feb 27, 2021, 7:32:52 PMFeb 27
to SDC Software Defined Connectors
Hello Yuri
today since a long time I worked with the combination 5MContest and SunSDR again, using both  Radio 1 and Radio 2 NewQSO windows with the two RX of the SunSDR2.
I have connected my PA via TCI with SDC and then via RIG Emulator through a COM-Port to the CAT Port of my PA.
When Switching to the Radio 2 Window the CAT Frequency sent to the PA is still the one of Radio 1. My PA does not accept to have such a difference between the CAT Frequency received and the Frequency measured with the sonsor.
I understand that each RX would need its RIG Emulator entry and its own COM Port. But I would need to have to have the frequency of the active RX sent to the PA port.
Is there a way to do so?
73, Peter - HB9BUN

UT4LW Yuri Pavlov

Feb 28, 2021, 3:12:47 AMFeb 28
to SDC Software Defined Connectors
Hi, Piter!
To control the amplifier, you need to use the SDC-> PA tab. Select the appropriate CAT protocol for your amplifier and specify Receiver = Both.
воскресенье, 28 февраля 2021 г. в 02:32:52 UTC+2, hb9...@gmail.com:

Peter Helfenstein

Feb 28, 2021, 8:30:10 AMFeb 28
to SDC Software Defined Connectors
Hello Yuri
Thank you.
Using RigEmulator the PA has the CAT connection, using PA Control is has NOT.
The communication with the PA does not work like that. Same settings for the COM link.
I attached 2 screen shots, one showing the PA connection 14_21_26,  one the working RIG emulator connection 14_25_56. Probably the PA connection does not react to the polls of of the PA and just sends CAT info.
73, Peter
2021-02-28 14_21_26-Window.png
2021-02-28 14_25_56-Window.png

UT4LW Yuri Pavlov

Feb 28, 2021, 9:07:36 AMFeb 28
to SDC Software Defined Connectors
Usually the amplifiers do not poll the transceiver. Look at the amplifier settings, maybe there is a way when the amplifier receives the CAT command. If there are no such settings, then I will have to add a new protocol in the SDC-PA tab.
воскресенье, 28 февраля 2021 г. в 15:30:10 UTC+2, hb9...@gmail.com: