PowerSDR: RTTY + SDC + N1MM+

aleksand...@gmail.com

Apr 4, 2021, 4:23:15 PMApr 4
to UT4LW Yuri Pavlov, SDC Software Defined Connectors

Hi Yuri,

My configuration: PowerSDR + SDC (Audio +RigSync) + N1MM+.

RTTY: offset in PowerSDR 1100Hz   and  Split Frequency in SDC -8900Hz

The above setup reads the RTTY signals in SDC, transfers spots data to N1MM+

 and displays the data in N1MM+ Spectrum Window – a reliable service indeed.

However,

to use N1MM+ Digital Interface for a contest operation,

the audio stream must also be delivered to it. As the VAC has already been taken by the SDC,

we cannot assign it to perform simultaneously its task in N1MM+, can we?

My question:

Does SDC offer a way to split the audio, so that the same flow, beside the SDC Skimmer,

might be also delivered to N1MM+ Digital Interface, please?

In my configuration, I used RX1 for operating with N1MM+ and RX2 with its VAC for the SDC,

but I must admit it is a pretty awkward solution to the problem. Obviously, this solution

is not applicable in case there is no RX2 available.

I would really appreciate Your kind comment,

please…

Best regards,

Alec SP2EWQ

Apr 5, 2021, 7:08:02 AMApr 5
to SDC Software Defined Connectors
ALEC, for a skimmer, you need an IQ audio stream, and for the N1mm digital module, you need a normal audio stream. Simultaneous use of VAC for skimmer and N1mm will not work.
PowerSDR is already outdated architecture.

воскресенье, 4 апреля 2021 г. в 23:23:15 UTC+3, aleksand...@gmail.com:

aleksand...@gmail.com

Apr 5, 2021, 8:39:13 AMApr 5
to UT4LW Yuri Pavlov, SDC Software Defined Connectors

Yuri,

thank You indeed.

PowerSDR is presently the only architecture which can be used with my Flex-5000a,

so I cannot help but wait and hope for its next releases to bring the solution then.

Thanks again,