CW Keying via TCI to ESDR3

Peter Helfenstein

Nov 24, 2021, 1:10:24 AM11/24/21
to SDC Software Defined Connectors
Good morning
Using ESDR3 0.10.0 alpha with my SunSDR2 DX. SDC 15:21x64.

I started working with ESDR3.
SKM Server works like a charm and I am using SDC to connect software via TCI using Rig Emulator. All very nice.

What does not work for me is CW Keying with Macro. When I push an F-Key or a message button, ESDR3 does go to TX but it is not keyed. ESDR3 is in CW mode. Very often when I press a Macro button ESDR3 goes to TX and hangs in TX so I need to stop ESDR3 and start it again.

Anything I do wrong with ESDR3 or does this not yet work?
With ESDR2 and the same setup in SDC it works without issues.

73, Peter - HB9BUN

UT4LW Yuri Pavlov

Nov 24, 2021, 2:06:05 AM11/24/21
to SDC Software Defined Connectors
Peter, Hello!
I do not have problems with Macro-CW. The Terminal mode also works.
Show us the Macro setting in SDC. And the function buttons settings window.

среда, 24 ноября 2021 г. в 08:10:24 UTC+2, hb9...@gmail.com:

Peter Helfenstein

Nov 24, 2021, 3:33:45 AM11/24/21
to SDC Software Defined Connectors
Resolved for SDC: I found - after 2 restarts of ESDR3 CW keying started to work. In ESDR3 the CW monitor volume has to be put much higher in the scale. And for the keying "TX Delay in Terminal Mode" in SDC ist now relevant. The default value of 2000 has to be reduced.
Doing this everything works fine. The reasons for the issue in the beginning is not with SCD for sure.

Peter Helfenstein

Nov 24, 2021, 3:37:41 AM11/24/21
to SDC Software Defined Connectors
Thank you. As written below I found that the problem was with ESDR3 and after restarts it started working properly. I have massive problems with ESDR3 caused by issues with Windows Region and Regional Formats Settings.
Addressed them with SunSDR (and also with JTDX where the same issues are being fixed).
73, Peter