Trial period for non Sunsdr users...

Eugen Mihai Trifu

May 11, 2022, 3:43:51 AM5/11/22
to SDC Software Defined Connectors
Hello,
I do not have products from Expert Electronics, such as Sunsdr.
I use RSP1A with FTDX10 and I would like to try SDC before buying the program, but it has no trial option for a given period.
How could I try inactive options, is it possible?
Thank you,

Eugen - YO9WHI

UT4LW Yuri Pavlov

May 11, 2022, 9:34:23 AM5/11/22
to SDC Software Defined Connectors
Eugen, if you want to synchronize RSP1A and FTDX10, then registration does not need this.
To work skimmers, the presence of an output IQ stream of a receiver is necessary.
If the RSP1A receiver does not have such an output, then the skimmer will not work in a wide band. Starting from SDC version 15.26, you can connect the SDC Skimmer to the audio output of any receiver for narrowband decoding.

среда, 11 мая 2022 г. в 10:43:51 UTC+3, eugen...@gmail.com:

Eugen Mihai Trifu

May 11, 2022, 9:53:09 AM5/11/22
to SDC Software Defined Connectors
I use the RSP1a together with SDRuno software who has a IQ output until 192kHz for CW Skimmer but with RigSync ...

UT4LW Yuri Pavlov

May 11, 2022, 10:16:39 AM5/11/22
to SDC Software Defined Connectors
If there is an IQ exit, SDC Skimmer will work. Synchronization methods are described in the documentation for SDC.

среда, 11 мая 2022 г. в 16:53:09 UTC+3, eugen...@gmail.com:

Eugen Mihai Trifu

May 11, 2022, 10:29:04 AM5/11/22
to SDC Software Defined Connectors
Of course, no problem, the synchronization methods are described in the documentation... but I want to use at CW Skimmer the "Audio + RigSync" option and that is only possible after registering and I asked about a trial period to see how it works .
Thanks

YL2QN Andy

May 12, 2022, 4:39:53 AM5/12/22
to SDC Software Defined Connectors
RSP1A + SDRuno working fine with SDC skimmer.

Christian Barthod

May 14, 2022, 6:46:33 AM5/14/22
to SDC Software Defined Connectors
Hi, How do you connect it to SDC ?
73s Christian F8GHE

Message has been deleted

Eugen Mihai Trifu

May 14, 2022, 7:24:15 AM5/14/22
to SDC Software Defined Connectors
RSP1A thru SDR Antenna Switch shares HF antenna with FTDX10.
FTDX10 is connected to SDC through USB.
SDC emulate CAT for SDRuno and RSP1A.
SDC synchronizes FTDX10 with SDRuno.
SDRuno feeds with IQ SDC for Cw Skimmer  through Virtual Audio Cable.

73 Eugen YO9WHI

David Walker (CammoPlayz)

Aug 21, 2023, 8:54:34 PM8/21/23
to SDC Software Defined Connectors
I tried 192,000hz IQ out of the SDRuno to SDC and the skimmer had line and a mirrored image of the signal as I tuned around the signal.  Is there a trick to getting IQ signals to work without the mirror image of the tuned signal going in the opposite direction?

Cheers

Dave.

UT4LW Yuri Pavlov

Aug 22, 2023, 1:09:31 AM8/22/23
to SDC Software Defined Connectors
The appearance of phantom stations on the waterfall may be due to reasons such as:
1. The SDC Skimmer is fed an audio stream that is not an IQ stream.
2. On the path of the stream, some program made changes to the stream. See the audio device settings in windows, VAC. If you are using 192 kHz, all devices should be set to no worse than 192 kHz x 2 channels x 24 bits.

вторник, 22 августа 2023 г. в 03:54:34 UTC+3, gru...@gmail.com:

David Walker (CammoPlayz)

Aug 22, 2023, 4:16:30 AM8/22/23
to SDC Software Defined Connectors
Ah... got it working now.  Thanks very much.  I had the VAC set at 48000-192000.   Plus When I start the skimmer the SDRuno switches to USB.  But when I select the IQ out again it streams and decodes.  Excellent.

Thankyou very much

Regards
Dave.