599 function in SDC Skimmer

Mike Weber

Dec 1, 2022, 11:59:57 AM12/1/22
to SDC Software Defined Connectors
Hello - a simple question please!
I understand that the 599 function should show a symbol when the "599" is detected.

Main question: does it also detect "5NN" as is used in contests and DX pileups?

Side question: a friend has the software and was unable to get the 599 function working.
CW decodes beautifully however.

Is there any specific thing that needs to be done apart from ticking the box to switch on the functionality?

Maybe some other settings that may interact or that may cause the 599 function to not work?

I ask this as my main use for the skimmer is to find the guy in the pile who has sent "5NN".

Many thanks and 73
Mike M0AGP

UT4LW Yuri Pavlov

Dec 1, 2022, 12:55:44 PM12/1/22
to SDC Software Defined Connectors
I worked on the operation of the 599 function with the SmartSDR program and accidentally turned off the display 599 on the ExpertSDR panorama.
четверг, 1 декабря 2022 г. в 18:59:57 UTC+2, mg.w...@gmail.com:

Mike Weber

Dec 1, 2022, 1:32:55 PM12/1/22
to SDC Software Defined Connectors
Hi Yuri - thanks for this!
And my main question (sorry to be pedantic!): does the 599 function also detect "5NN" as is used in contests and DX pileups?
Thanks and 73
Mike M0AGP

UT4LW Yuri Pavlov

Dec 1, 2022, 1:47:10 PM12/1/22
to SDC Software Defined Connectors
Search for such expressions: 599, 5NN, HNN, 6NN, 5C

четверг, 1 декабря 2022 г. в 20:32:55 UTC+2, mg.w...@gmail.com:

Mike Weber

Dec 1, 2022, 2:14:28 PM12/1/22
to SDC Software Defined Connectors
Ah - ok - the function searches for these expressions!
Excellent.
Велике спасибі за вашу допомогу!
73
Mike