eclipse neon : Error reading signed content

frd...@yahoo.fr

Oct 27, 2016, 11:10:09 AM10/27/16
to SDBG
Hello,
I tried installing the plugin on a fresh eclipse neon install and got the following error message :
An error occurred during the org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phases.CheckTrust phase.
session context was:(profile=C__Users_tlacroix_eclipse_jee-latest-released_eclipse, phase=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phases.CheckTrust, operand=, action=).
Error reading signed content.
Exception in opening zip file: C:\Users\tlacroix\.p2\pool\plugins\com.github.sdbg.debug.core_1.0.10.201610081555.jar
Can you help ?
Thomas

Ivan Markov

Oct 28, 2016, 1:12:25 AM10/28/16
to SDBG
Eclipse should have presented you with a dialogue which basically says that there is untrusted/unsiged content in some of the plugins and offering an option to accept or not accept that.

Did you accept?

frd...@yahoo.fr

Oct 28, 2016, 4:40:56 AM10/28/16
to SDBG
Hi Ivan,
Thanks for your answer.
Eclipse didn't present me with a dialogue box to accept untrusted/unsiged content as it usually does.
When I install the GWT Eclipse plugin and untick the SDBG box, then the install goes through and eclipse ask me to accept untrusted/unsiged content as usual.
The error seems to only occur when I try to install the SDBG plugin. The file that is refered to in the error message exists on my filesystem.
I tried deletting the artifacts.xml files in my eclipse install directory like suggested in http://stackoverflow.com/questions/25094583/error-when-try-install-plugin but with the same error result.
I tried a couple of fresh eclipse install (from mirrors and main) but with the same error result.
Do you have any suggestions ?
Thomas

Ivan Markov

Oct 28, 2016, 5:14:48 AM10/28/16
to SDBG
A simple workaround would be to install SDBG separately, from here: http://sdbg.github.io/p2/

frd...@yahoo.fr

Oct 28, 2016, 5:33:55 AM10/28/16
to SDBG
The error is the same whether I try to install SDBG separately from http://sdbg.github.io/p2/ or from the GWT Eclipse Plugin V3.
Thomas

Ivan Markov

Oct 28, 2016, 8:20:45 AM10/28/16
to SDBG
I'm out of ideas what is the problem with your configuration then. It works for everybody else over here.

frd...@yahoo.fr

Oct 28, 2016, 8:30:12 AM10/28/16
to SDBG
Thank you for asking around. I will ask the eclipse forum about this problem, it seems to be more of an eclipse issue.
Thomas

frd...@yahoo.fr

Oct 28, 2016, 10:05:24 AM10/28/16
to SDBG
One more thing, is there a way I can download the file com.github.sdbg.debug.core_1.0.10.201610081555.jar without passing by the Eclipse -> install new software -> Plugin Update sites ?
When I run eclipse oomph it shows this artifact as damaged but repairing it doesn't do the trick. I would like to try pasting a new jar file directly in my .p2\pool\plugins\ directory.
I didn't find a way to download this file on http://sdbg.github.io/ or https://github.com/sdbg/sdbg/releases
Thomas