Breakpoints not being hit, SDBG 1.0.6

Jeff Evans

Jun 8, 2015, 3:24:47 PM6/8/15
to sd...@googlegroups.com
Hi all, I'm trying to use SDBG in a large GWT application.  I have gone through the steps to run GWT SuperDevMode itself, as well as SDBG in a separate debug configuration.  I am able to get both to launch without errors, but my breakpoints are not being hit.

After reading through this thread, I ensured that my breakpoints in question were not in onModuleLoad.  However, I don't actually see the Eclipse Tracing option available, so I'm not sure how to turn that on.  Other relevant info below.  I tried enabling "ALL" log level for the SuperDevMode process itself, but didn't see any obvious issues in the output.  I do see the "<devtools opened - debugger connection paused>" line appear in the output when opening Chrome Dev Tools.  Any suggestions on what to try next?  Thanks for any assistance.

Eclipse Luna 4.4.1 for Java Developers
Google Plugin for Eclipse 4.4, version 3.8.0
GWT SDK 2.7.0
SDBG 1.0.6
Chrome 43

Jeff Evans

Jun 8, 2015, 7:47:20 PM6/8/15
to sd...@googlegroups.com
Please disregard.  The problem was that I wasn't setting the -war option to DevMode correctly.  Hence, the nocache file wasn't being overwritten by DevMode as expected and the rest of the debugging didn't work.  Once I fixed that problem, everything worked.