Inter-Lab CS&SE seminar: Wednesday December 16 (9:00 am Moscow time zone) - Bertrand Meyer talk on "The four PEGS of requirements engineering"

Eugene Kornykhin

Dec 15, 2020, 12:47:46 PM12/15/20
to Семинар <<Технологии разработки и анализа программ>>
Уважаемые участники нашего семинара! Пересылаем информацию о
выступлении проф. Бертрана Мейера. Семинар пройдет в эту среду утром.

С уважением,
Евгений Корныхин

-------- Пересылаемое сообщение --------
14.12.2020, 22:35, "Nikolay Shilov" <n.sh...@innopolis.ru>:

Dear All,

This Wednesday December 16, 2020, from 9:00 to 10:30 (Moscow time
zone) we will have 6th session of our Inter-Lab seminar on CS&SE. -
Please feel free to forward this invitation to colleagues who may be
interested.

Speaker: Prof. Bertrand Meyer (Politecnico di Milano, Innopolis
University, and Eiffel Software)

Title: The four PEGS of requirements engineering

Abstract: Bad software requirements can jeopardize projects, but
requirements as commonly practiced remain a weak link in software
engineering. What passes for requirements in industry usually consists
of a few use cases or user stories, which fail to capture many
essential aspects of systems. There is a considerable literature on
requirements, including some excellent textbooks, but their lessons
are rarely heeded; many projects, in particular, fail to take into
account the Jackson-Zave distinction between system and environment.
The standard IEEE plan for requirements dates back to 1998 and does
not meet the demands of today's ambitious developments. I will present
ongoing work intended to help industry produce more useful
requirements. It includes precise definitions of requirements concepts
and a standard plan for requirements specifications. The plan contains
four books covering the four "PEGS" of requirements engineering:
Project, Environment, Goals and System. The talk does not attempt to
introduce radical new concepts but rather builds on existing knowledge
to define a solid basis for requirements engineering and provide
projects with precise and helpful guidelines.

Venue:
(*) Innopolis University room 304
OR

(*) Zoom (https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85087216747?pwd=VXB0cVNtQVNTT2xTZFFWRnd4TWcwQT09,
conf. id 850 8721 6747, password: 063350).

Time regulations:

(*) first part of the talk - 40-45 minutes,
(*) short break - 5 minutes,
(*) second part of the talk & discussion - 40-45 minutes.

-------- Конец пересылаемого сообщения --------