io_properties does not configured on k8s

Yang Liyuan

<yangly0815@gmail.com>
Jul 12, 2022, 4:23:53 AM7/12/22
to ScyllaDB users
I deploy a scylla cluster on k8s,  and the storage class was local raid. The configuration of developer-mode was 1 ,  but when i watch the log of scylla , it has a log:
```
I/O Scheduler is not properly configured! This is a non-supported setup, and performance is expected to be unpredictably bad. Reason found: none of --max-io-requests, --io-properties and --io-properties-file are set. To properly configure the I/O Scheduler, run the scylla_io_setup utility shipped with Scylla.
```
And there is no io_properties.yaml in /etc/scylla.d, how to run iotune and get io_properties.yaml when deploying a scylla cluster on kubenates?

Maciej Zimnoch

<maciej@scylladb.com>
Jul 12, 2022, 4:45:04 AM7/12/22
to scylladb-users@googlegroups.com
I suppose it's just a warning. To run iotune you have to disable developer mode. io_properties.yaml will be generated and cached between pod restarts.