scylla_setup

Micha

<micha-1@fantasymail.de>
Apr 12, 2022, 7:29:04 AM4/12/22
to ScyllaDB users
Hi,

I have two NICs, how to configure both?

Starting it 2 times?

Cheers
Michael

Avi Kivity

<avi@scylladb.com>
Apr 12, 2022, 9:25:21 AM4/12/22
to scylladb-users@googlegroups.com, Micha, Takuya ASADA
Are you using both for Scylla? Different NICs for the client network and
server network? Or using both with bonding?

Micha

<micha-1@fantasymail.de>
Apr 12, 2022, 9:27:45 AM4/12/22
to Avi Kivity, scylladb-users@googlegroups.com, Takuya ASADA
On Tue, 12 Apr 2022 16:25:17 +0300
Avi Kivity <a...@scylladb.com> wrote:

> Are you using both for Scylla? Different NICs for the client network
> and server network?

yes, the nodes communicate over their own nic the other nic is for
client connects

Avi Kivity

<avi@scylladb.com>
Apr 12, 2022, 10:05:51 AM4/12/22
to Micha, scylladb-users@googlegroups.com, Takuya ASADA
I don't think scylla_setup supports it, but maybe I'm wrong. Takuya will
know for sure.

Micha

<micha-1@fantasymail.de>
Apr 12, 2022, 10:13:30 AM4/12/22
to Avi Kivity, scylladb-users@googlegroups.com, Takuya ASADA
in the config of the nodes I set listen_address to the ip of the node
in the cluster (some 192.168...) and broadcast_rpc_address to the
external 10. .. ip.

Michael

Micha

<micha-1@fantasymail.de>
Apr 12, 2022, 10:30:30 AM4/12/22
to Avi Kivity, scylladb-users@googlegroups.com, Takuya ASADA
scylla_setup shows me the list of my nics and asks which one to
chose.
Maybe there can be an option added to just answer "all"