[RELEASE] ScyllaDB Monitoring Stack 4.4.0

Amnon Heiman

<amnon@scylladb.com>
May 22, 2023, 5:17:25 AM5/22/23
to scylladb-dev, ScyllaDB users

Kiran bhosale

<bhosalekiran259@gmail.com>
Mar 17, 2024, 2:59:12 PMMar 17
to ScyllaDB users
Hi team,

I am getting below  error in scylldb cluster, please suggest the solution.

[shard 4] storage_proxy - Failed to apply mutation from 20.105.3.22#4: seastar::named_semaphore_timed_out (Semaphore timed out: smp_service_group#2 3->4 semaphore)

On Monday, May 22, 2023 at 2:47:25 PM UTC+5:30 Amnon Heiman wrote:

Avi Kivity

<avi@scylladb.com>
Mar 17, 2024, 3:02:48 PMMar 17
to scylladb-users@googlegroups.com
This is often caused by a hot partition and not using the shard-aware driver.

Checkout the `nodetool toppartitions` command.

Kiran bhosale

<bhosalekiran259@gmail.com>
Mar 18, 2024, 11:34:26 AMMar 18
to scylladb-users@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Currently we are using ScyllaDB version 4.4.7 and read the data using Spark Cassandra Connector 2.5.2 as we use Spark 2.4.7 . We don't know if the Connector supports Shard Awareness as there is no mention of it on the github page of the Connector. Could you please help in guiding us how to enable shard awareness or if there is any driver /connector specific to ScyllaDB as we couldn't find any specific Spark connector for ScyllaDB.

Thanks & Regards

Avi Kivity

<avi@scylladb.com>
Mar 18, 2024, 12:26:36 PMMar 18
to scylladb-users@googlegroups.com
ScyllaDB 4.4.7 is past end-of-life, please upgrade to a supported version.

I don't know enough about the spark connector, you can try asking on the forum.