The Scylla team is pleased to announce the release of Scylla Open Source 3.3 RC3, the third Release Candidate for Scylla Open Source 3.3. Moving forward, only critical bugs will be fixed in branch-3.3. We will continue to fix bugs and add features to the master branch.
Scylla 3.3 is focused on bug fixes and stability, and includes new or modified experimental features, including Lightweight Transactions (LWT), Change Data Capture (CDC), our Amazon DynamoDB Compatible API (Alternator) and Lua language based User Defined Functions (UDFs). More on these features in Scylla 3.3 here
Use the release candidate with caution; RC3 is not production-ready yet. You can help us stabilize Scylla Open Source 3.3 by reporting bugs here.
Please note that only the last two minor releases of Scylla Open Source project are supported. Once Scylla Open Source 3.3 is officially released, only Scylla Open Source 3.3 and Scylla 3.2 will be supported, and Scylla 3.1 will be retired.
* Get Scylla Open Source 3.3 (under “More Versions” for each distro)
Bug fixed from Scylla 3.3rc2 to rc3
* Stability: Scylla exit when using Replication Factor (RF) of zero with SimpleStrategy (there is no good reason to do so) #5962
* Stability: Scylla exit with out-of-memory error during startup despite free memory available with many (thousands of) tables #6003
* Stability: Paging for a secondary index can crash Scyla if the base table has a partition key without a clustering key #5794
* Upgrade on Debian/Ubuntu fails with error “Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)” #5640
* Building centos-rpm changes scylla's build-id #5881