ScyllaDB migration to new data center

Ashok Sahara

<ashok.sahara25@gmail.com>
Oct 24, 2023, 3:58:25 AM10/24/23
to ScyllaDB users
Currently we are hosted in AWS singapore region using ScyallDB open source solution. We want to move to Mumbai region without downtime.

We have 3 node cluster running in Singapore region and each our keyspace has a replication factor of 3. While deploying our coluster we used SimpleSnitch and SimpleStratergy. When i was reading scyallDB doc in order to do the migration we need to update to GossipingPropertyFileSnitch and NetworkTopologyStratergy before we can start the migration.

How we can achieve this without having any downtime.

Lubos Kosco

<lubos@scylladb.com>
Oct 24, 2023, 10:49:01 AM10/24/23
to ScyllaDB users
If it's a 3 node cluster with RF=3 and ideally you have 3 racks, then you can just alter without downtime and then to be sure repair

Alternatively check https://opensource.docs.scylladb.com/stable/operating-scylla/procedures/cluster-management/update-topology-strategy-from-simple-to-network.html

hth

Ashok Sahara

<ashok.sahara25@gmail.com>
Oct 24, 2023, 11:48:37 AM10/24/23
to scylladb-users@googlegroups.com
And what about switching snitch. Will we face any downtime while updating snitch or we can continue with simplesnitch setting that we currently have