can we use ext4 in scylladb production

Daniel

<daniel.stephen@verse.in>
Nov 30, 2023, 2:38:59 AM11/30/23
to ScyllaDB users
Hi Team,
Just want to understand can we use "ext4" filetype in scylladb prod environment instead xfs. Does it make any performance difference? If yes, please share those differences and drawbacks if we go with ext4.

Thanks,
Daniel

Avi Kivity

<avi@scylladb.com>
Dec 4, 2023, 8:17:47 AM12/4/23
to scylladb-users@googlegroups.com
We exclusively tests with XFS, so if there are problems with ext4, you'll be the first to uncover them.

I believe that in terms of correctness ext4 will be a close match for XFS if you use a modern kernel, but I've done nothing to confirm it.

DISCLAIMER:

Please note that this message and any attachments may contain confidential and proprietary material and information and are intended only for the use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, use, disclosure, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message and any attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this e-mail , whether electronic or printed. Please also note that any views, opinions, conclusions or commitments expressed in this message are those of the individual sender and do not necessarily reflect the views of Ver sé Innovation Pvt Ltd.