Xtext / Xtend 2.5.1 is available - Issue in @ChainOverridable with method return type inference

Torsten Juergeleit

Feb 5, 2014, 8:42:01 AM2/5/14
to sculptor...@googlegroups.com
Xtext / Xtend 2.5.1 is availabe.
With the new version of Xtend our active annotation processor for Sculptors @ChainOverridable annotation isn't working: It seems that type inference for a method return type isn't supported in doTransformation() of active annotation proccessors anymore (see #96).

So don't synchronize your local mirror p2 mirror to upgrade to Xtext / Xtend 2.5.1 until #96 is fixed.

@Ron, Pavel, any chance for looking into #96? Maybe a simple check for "method.returnType.isInferred" (to omit setting the chain methods return code and using the "return" keyword) is sufficient.

/Torsten

pavel.tavoda

Feb 7, 2014, 6:41:40 AM2/7/14
to sculptor...@googlegroups.com
I will look at this, from description in mailing it's not clear what is best solution. I would like to allow @ChainOverridable also on transformations. It's not working now.

Pavel

Torsten Juergeleit

Feb 7, 2014, 7:27:08 AM2/7/14
to sculptor...@googlegroups.com
In xtend-contrib#14 this issue is discussed as well. It seems that this project is using the workaround of skipping all methods with inferred return types too.

/Torsten

Torsten Juergeleit

Feb 10, 2014, 5:53:31 PM2/10/14
to sculptor...@googlegroups.com
Any progress on this?  I pushed my feature branch "xtext-251" with a few updates of the POMs and unit tests. Maybe this helpful.

/Torsten

Torsten Juergeleit

Feb 14, 2014, 7:21:54 AM2/14/14
to sculptor...@googlegroups.com
Xtext / Xtend 2.5.2 is out (see #98).

/Torsten

Torsten Juergeleit

Feb 21, 2014, 9:29:33 PM2/21/14
to sculptor...@googlegroups.com
The culprit for the failing tests in the MongoDB cartridge was the inferred return types in the override methods of the builder and MongoDB cartridges.
After fixing this the update to Xtext / Xtend 2.5.2 is finished.

Btw. starting with Xtext 2.5.2 we don't need the Fornax OAW Maven plugin anymore.

/Torsten