Usecase based lazy/eager loading of associations

Noor

Aug 17, 2014, 5:45:50 AM8/17/14
to sculptor...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

First of all I would like to appreciate the sculptor team for doing a great job in helping us to pick up the pace in developing applications based on DDD concept. I must say the concept of translating DSL to implementation is awesome and sculptor does it very well.

My question is not specific to sculptor but regarding the dilemma of lazy/eager of aggregate's associated entities in DDD on usecase to usecase basis. Since, sculptor is all about DDD therefore, I want to know how it can achieved for below mentioned scenario.

Let say I have a simple application to maintain blogs. Each Blog can have many posts and each Post can have many comments.

Usecase 1)

When user access a particular Post of a blog then we want to also show him comments along with the Post. Hence, this scenario requires loading of comments along with the Post.

Usecase 2)

User can also see the list of posts that falls under a blog without the comments being visible. Hence, there is no need to load comments for each Post.

I would really appreciate if the answer can depict the client interaction through application service.

Thanks,

Noor

zhongw...@hotmail.com

Dec 18, 2014, 10:38:19 PM12/18/14
to sculptor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Noor,

I think the posts of "Effective Aggregate Design" should answer your question.

Regards,
Zhong Weijun

在 2014年8月17日星期日UTC+8下午5时45分50秒,Noor写道: