Xtext / Xtend 2.6.0 is available - Issue with protected methods in ChainLink

Torsten Juergeleit

May 24, 2014, 9:54:14 AM5/24/14
to sculptor...@googlegroups.com
Xtext / Xtend 2.6.0 is available.
Due to an issue with the visibility of protected methods in inheritance hierarchies (see #435685) we have to wait for version 2.6.1 or make the protected methods in ChainLink public.

Any thoughts?
/Torsten

Torsten Juergeleit

May 26, 2014, 7:10:10 PM5/26/14
to sculptor...@googlegroups.com
To use our CI build via Travis we have to update to Xtext / Xtend 2.6.0. So I opted in #126 for the visibility change of the protected ChainLink methods.

/Torsten

Ron Smith

May 26, 2014, 7:26:08 PM5/26/14
to sculptor...@googlegroups.com
Ok, we can switch it back after 2.6.1 is out with a fix.  Why did Travis require updating to 2.6.0?

Torsten Juergeleit

May 26, 2014, 7:48:40 PM5/26/14
to sculptor...@googlegroups.com
Why did Travis require updating to 2.6.0?

This is due to Sculptors Eclipse Tycho Maven build has no Eclipse target platform (providing all the versions / version ranges for the Eclipse OSGi bundles). Without this platform platform (defining fixed versions for all Eclipse plugins / OSGi bundles, e.g. Xtext / Xtend) Sculptors Eclipse Tycho Maven build Tycho happily picks the latest and greatest versions it can find in the configured Eclipse p2 repositories.

In our local build we’re using our own Eclipse p2 mirror. So we’re deciding (by selecting the right time for updating our local mirror) which versions of Eclipse OSGi bundles are present in our local p2 repository.

Travis has no local Eclipse p2 mirror (with a certain set of OSGi bundle versions). Instead it uses the public Eclipse p2 repositories. So if a new version of Eclipse or Xtext / Xtend is released we have to make sure that Sculptor still builds against this new release.

/Torsten