Installation Problem: "Error: No module named scrum_log.models"

Dan R

Dec 7, 2011, 3:20:01 PM12/7/11
to ScrumDo-Dev
I'm trying to setup an initial instance, and when trying to create the
initial DB using "python manage.py syncdb" I get the error in the
subject line.

What am I doing wrong / where can I find the debug logs if there are
any?

(pinax-env)[root@scrumdo scrumdo-web]# python manage.py syncdb
Error: No module named scrum_log.models

Marc Hughes

Dec 7, 2011, 3:32:14 PM12/7/11
to scrum...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dan,

I recently submitted some changes to the master branch that broke the open source version of ScrumDo.  The easiest temporary solution is to use the production branch until I can get those fixed.

git checkout production

Hopefully that should fix it for you.

Sorry for the trouble,
-Marc

Dan R

Dec 13, 2011, 10:30:52 AM12/13/11
to ScrumDo-Dev
Thanks for the tip!

checking out the production branch got me a lot further. I've now got
it setup with an apache frontend using mod_wsgi. I did hit a minor
snag trying to use openID, but that's not a major issue for me. It
would have been more of a convenience than anything. I have one other
problem, but I'll post it as a separate thread in case anyone needs to
google for it later.

Thanks again!