Dev setup on Ubuntu

Dave Redmore

Jun 12, 2012, 1:30:57 AM6/12/12
to scrum...@googlegroups.com
I think I am missing some dependencies, but not sure what.

Trying to get a basic development environment running in Ubuntu 10.04.

Got as far as "pip install -r requirements.txt"

Initially, I didn't have any development packages installed, so did "apt-get install build-essential".

After installing build-essentials - "pip install -r requirements.txt" runs further, but starts throwing a string of errors when it gets to "building 'greenlet' extension" - then ultimately fails with an "error: command 'gcc' failed with exit status 1".

A lot of this is new territory for me - I've done a ton of LAMP work with RH based distros (mainly CentOS) - but pretty much everything here - Ubuntu/Python/Django/Git/etc. - is new for me.

Any hep would be much appreciated.

Dave Redmore

Jun 12, 2012, 2:17:57 AM6/12/12
to scrum...@googlegroups.com