Product Owner Course

raptor

Aug 13, 2009, 1:32:27 AM8/13/09
to Scrum Chengdu
Product Owner is an essential role in Scrum. I'm experiencing the
dysfunction of this role in my organization. With a minute, I can
easily think of number of questions or scenarios which are bothering
me:

-Is product owner the single wringable neck in the team? Is product
part of the team or external to the team?
-how to write product backlog and define the acceptance criteria and
high level acceptance test
-how to transit the traditional product manager into product owner
-what can we do if the product owner is not always available to the
team, or if he's not peforming
-what if the product owner wants to sneak in new stories in the middle
of a Sprint
-how to adapt Scrum with distributed or offshore development
environment
-what if a team has multiple product owners when the team is working
on multiple projects simultaneously

The good news is, Uperform (a Scrum training vendor) is trying to
arrange a CSPO (certified Scrum product owner) in October. There's
chance that I might be more clear if I took such course. The bad news,
they can afford for organizing such course only when there's certain
number of participants.

The role of product owner role deserves more attention than it appears
from the Scrum community. I'm wondering why it didn't. I'm not working
for Uperform. I just want the answers to my questions.