Opinion about this group

jmazloum

Oct 13, 2009, 10:32:00 AM10/13/09
to Scrum Chengdu
Hi guys,

I really like the idea of the Scrum group you are doing in Chengdu and
having a Google group for this is great. However, I think it would be
a pity NOT to have one big Scrum forum in China for Scrum discussions.
A forum where a lot of good discussions can happen which can help to
build the Scrum knowledge and skills much faster in China.

This one already exists:
Why not use it?
I hope you are all already members.

Regards,
Julien ---- OutSofting.

P.S: If the idea of having to have a yahoo account to use the yahoo
group is annoying you, you can just create it once and set the posted
messages to be sent to your normal email address.

Steven Mak

Oct 14, 2009, 4:12:44 AM10/14/09
to Scrum Chengdu
I think it also makes sense when they want to have local activities :)

jmazloum

Oct 14, 2009, 7:20:51 AM10/14/09
to Scrum Chengdu
Of course, I absolutely agree.
It would just be sad to dilute interesting discussions on Scrum in
China between 2 relatively small groups though.
That would be an impediment towards spreading Scrum IMHO. So I just
wanted to make sure about this ;)
Julien.

linchuan

Oct 14, 2009, 10:44:00 PM10/14/09
to Scrum Chengdu
Scrum Chengdu is supposed to be a local community, Scrum China a
national wide one.

As regarding the scale, we (Scrum Chengdu) are not pursuing it at the
moment.
We do want the members of Scrum Chengdu can benefit from this
community that the reason we are here. So the top priority for the
organizers of Scrum Chengdu is to do something helpful for the members
for the time being. And of course, any contributions (from local or
worldwide, outside or inside) for this goal are welcome. Moreover, if
it is necessary to align to the activities of other communities for
the goal , we'd like to it, e.g. the up coming alignment with Agile
Tour.

jmazloum

Oct 15, 2009, 8:45:19 AM10/15/09
to Scrum Chengdu