Confluence table sorting not working in viewport

Alex Yasurek

Aug 17, 2017, 9:48:16 AM8/17/17
to Scroll Viewport Developers
HI,

Just wondering if this is a known issue or not but Confluence tables seem to lose their table sorting capability when viewed in viewport. It seems like viewport strips all of the classes that confluence adds to the table.

We are able to get sorting if we wrap the tables with Bob Swifts Table Plus macro. Problem is we have a lot of table that are not wrapped in that and wondering if there is a way to enable confluence's default table sorting.

Thanks

Jens Rutschmann (K15t Software)

Aug 17, 2017, 11:41:02 AM8/17/17
to scroll-vi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alex,

the sorting feature is not automatically available because it is added by some script in Confluence's web resources. Check out the HTML
source your browser receives from the server and you'll see that the respective CSS classes are not in there either.

If your theme already includes the Confluence web resources you only need to add this to your viewport theme (typically in the HTML <head>):

$page.resources.require('com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.confluence-sortable-tables:sortable-table-resources')

If not you'll either need to include them or add a custom table sorter script.
See here for adding Confluence web resources to a viewport theme:
https://help.k15t.com/scroll-viewport/referencing-js-css-and-image-files-74711193.html#ReferencingJS/CSSImageFiles-UsingConfluenceMacrosandcomponents

Cheers,
Jens

Alex Yasurek

Aug 17, 2017, 11:49:08 AM8/17/17
to Scroll Viewport Developers
Hi,

Great, that's exactly what i was hoping for. Our theme already includes the confluence web resources so I just needed to add the require statement in the head.

If this info available in the documentation? I tried looking there before posting this question but couldnt find anything about table sorting.

Thanks

Nils Bier

Aug 18, 2017, 8:50:36 AM8/18/17
to scroll-vi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alex,

Thanks for getting in touch.
We’ve implemented this in our own help center theme. I’ll check internally to document how to do this.

We’ll give you an update here once the docs are ready.

Cheers,
Nils

Nils Bier, Head of Customer Success

K15t Software GmbH, Ostendstr. 110, 70188 Stuttgart, GERMANY
Registration: Stuttgart HRB 729752, VAT ID: DE264753756
Geschaeftsfuehrer (CEO): Stefan Kleineikenscheidt

Tweet along with us

See what's new

Nils Bier (K15t Software)

Aug 21, 2017, 9:20:13 AM8/21/17
to Scroll Viewport Developers
Hi everyone,

We've documented how to implement table sorting with Scroll Viewport here: https://www.k15t.com/display/VPRT/Sorting+tables
Hope that helps - if you have any feedback regarding this functionality, please let us know.

Cheers,
Nils

Alex Yasurek

Aug 21, 2017, 9:44:48 AM8/21/17
to Scroll Viewport Developers
Great, thanks a lot. I will take a look at the jquery plugin also.