complete noob...

bigj6360

May 17, 2011, 2:02:49 PM5/17/11
to scripty2
Hi,

This may not be the place for this. If not, please show me where to
go. Thanks.

I am completely new to prototype and scripty looking to begin using
it. I have two questions

I saw that Apple is using these products and they have a content
slider I would very much like to emulate myself (apple.com/imac)
either by creating myself, or downloading a pre-made slider. Is there
a slider like that available (It doesn't need to be the same but have
the ability to display different elements of each slide at different
times)?

---

The layout [of Apple's slider] seems easy enough reading the source of
their page, but one of the problems I am running into is a clear and
concise set of tutorials and demos (like I've found with jquery).

Is there a good -prototype & scripty for noobs- site?

thanks,
-Me

Rod

May 17, 2011, 8:16:50 PM5/17/11
to scripty2

Scripty2 is still in beta so you're not likely to find good tutorials
yet, beyond what's available from the current documentation and
functional tests:

http://scripty2.com/doc/
http://mir.aculo.us/stuff/scripty2-ui/test/functional/

Your best bet might be to surf through the various UI elements people
post to http://scripteka.com/ which you'll probably find are mainly
based on script.aculo.us (i.e. Scripty1). I see a bunch of sliders
there and looking through source code is probably the best way to
learn how to do these things.

FYI, Prototype docs are found at http://api.prototypejs.org/ with an
older version (still preferred by some) here: http://www.prototypejs.org/api
and some sparse but occasionally helpful docs at: http://www.prototypejs.org/learn