Form elements in a dialog

1 view

nicolas_o

Jan 27, 2010, 5:53:01 PM1/27/10
to scripty2
Hello,
I am trying to make a dialog with form elements in it and I notice the
following things :

- when the form contains an input field and a button, it is impossible
to focus on the field with the mouse, you need to use the TAB key,

- when the form contains no button you can focus

- when the form contains no button but the content div is updated via
AJAX, it is impossible to focus.

Seen on firefox 3. Anybody can reproduce this ? Any way to fix ?
Thanks.

Barry

Jan 31, 2010, 1:22:09 AM1/31/10
to scripty2
Hi Nicolas,
The dialog class disables text selection in Firefox, Safari and
Chrome. If you comment it out (line 120 in ui/controls/dialog.js), it
works fine in all three scenarios.

It doesn't seem like disabling a form is the expected behaviour, so
maybe the best thing to do is file a ticket in Lighthouse.

Cheers.