Enabling Touch support remove scrolling in iOS

Sébastien Grosjean - ZenCocoon

Aug 13, 2010, 11:15:51 AM8/13/10
to scripty2
Hi,

Starting to play with the Multitouch support provided by Scripty2,
I've realized that once enabled, the scrolling where disabled on iOS.

The reason seems to be due to the fact that the observers are on $
(document.body) and the default event is then prevented.

My first questions is then, is there a particular reason for doing so?
Would it not be more adequate to observe event over a more scoped
element, example:

$('slide').observe('manipulate:update', function(event) { ... }); //
Should observe touches on $('slide') ???

Hoping to get thoughts on this behavior,
thanks for this amazing lib that is Scripty2.
--
Sébastien Grosjean - ZenCocoon

Sébastien Grosjean - ZenCocoon

Aug 15, 2010, 1:29:37 PM8/15/10
to scripty2
I've created some functional tests for manipulations, there are
available at http://github.com/ZenCocoon/scripty2 , that should help
debugging, improving and community patching.

Further words on this advancement would be welcome so as few details
regarding the manipulations expectations to help making it more stable
and optimized.

Best regards,
--
Sebastien Grosjean - ZenCocoon

On Aug 13, 6:15 pm, Sébastien Grosjean - ZenCocoon

Sébastien Grosjean - ZenCocoon

Aug 15, 2010, 1:38:12 PM8/15/10
to scripty2
Tests can be directly made at http://zencocoon.com/scripty2/test/functional/
--
Sébastien Grosjean - ZenCocoon

On Aug 15, 8:29 pm, Sébastien Grosjean - ZenCocoon
<pub...@zencocoon.com> wrote:
> I've created some functional tests for manipulations, there are
> available athttp://github.com/ZenCocoon/scripty2, that should help

Thomas Fuchs

Aug 15, 2010, 3:22:04 PM8/15/10
to scri...@googlegroups.com
Great! I will try to review and comment asap! :)

Best,
Thomas